Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's been awhile

So last week my partner in crime and I decided to go for a run in the field house (I despise treadmills) and we were delighted and very surprised with the results! We decided that 2 miles was probably going to be our max for the day seeing as I haven't run since our two fun runs in October and she hasn't run since our Christmas break. So two miles it was, we walked a warm up lap and then it was off to the races.  We were both running at a pretty steady pace until I got a cramp and had to walk a half a lap, but I was determined to make up for lost time! We ended up running our 2 miles with a 9 minute mile time (that's better than my mile time last year!). We were super pumped let me tell you! So we celebrated by shooting some hoops (a story for another time).

Now a week or two later I'm sitting at home on my spring break wishing I could go run, but I CAN'T! Why is that you ask? Because it's snowing, that's right, snowing....IN MARCH! I'm so frustrated that I can't work on keeping that 9 minute mile time, but I'm even more frustrated because I can't go run when I'm upset! (Some of you probably think I am crazy right about now).

To put your minds at ease about this lets imagine something with me okay? Cool, so imagine that you had a bad day or you are just really frustrated with someone/something (got an image?) what do you do to burn off steam? Some people clean, some people cook, some people scream and punch things, I on the other hand RUN. Running is such a good way to release pent up energy and emotions (especially with a good running mix to listen to along the way). Besides it gets your blood flowing and energizes you for the day. I always feel great after I run (even if I am sore, tired, sweaty, or all of the above) and I really wish I could right now. Alas I cannot until this snow goes away or I get back to school (which is like a week away, so I'm kinda stuck). Oh well I guess I will have to find some other ways to relax :)

Adios from Runner 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment